Fire Prevention | Brush Clearance | Safety Preparedness
Wildfire Safety Preparedness Time
Wildfire season is here again. Malibu residents are encouraged to learn about this danger and participate in brush clearance and safety preparedness activities in their communities.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
Fire prevention is the first defense against disaster. You cannot afford to ignore proper maintenance of your property.
Here are just a few of the things that can put you at increased risk:
- Insufficient horizontal spacing in your landscaping plan
- Insufficient vertical spacing between ground level plants and taller trees.
- Leaves and pine needles clogging the gutters of your roof
- Storage of combustible material near your structures
- Not enough distance between your home and undeveloped areas.
Wildfires spread faster when the wind is blowing. Hot embers can land on dry material near your home and spark fire on your property.
How to Get Ready for Fire Season
In Malibu, the dry grasses and open spaces put rural residents at greater risk. Dead and dry plants are always ready to light up. They are the perfect tinder for an uncontrolled burn. This makes fire prevention everyone’s job.
- Participate in community safety preparedness meetings.
- Organize brush clearance for the surrounding region.
- Contact a fire safety professional for a free fire zone inspection.
- Work with other members of the community to elevate the neighborhood’s readiness.
Free Fire Zone Inspections provides evaluations and consultations to residents living in high risk areas. Ask for your free consultation today.